Online Shopping Policies & Cigar Tips
We do not sell tobacco, cigarettes or tobacco related products to anyone under the age of 18.
We do not sell or share any information provided by our customers with any business, third parties, or organization for any purpose or reason.
In order to keep the cigars in perfect condition, they are stored in
humidors at a perfect 70º F and 80% humidity. All boxes are shipped in the original packaging and single sticks are shipped in a Humi-Pouch to ensure freshness. Our guarantee is that all cigars will arrive to you in perfect condition.
Habana House has a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all products. If you are not satisfied with a product, call customer service at 1-888-5HABANA within 30 days and then return the product for a full refund, credit or replacement. The email address for services is email@example.com. All service requests will be responded to within 24 hours or the next business day.
Online orders will be processed in 1-2 business days. Orders will ship via UPS ground. Next day air and 2nd Day air are can be selected at time of checkout for an additional fee. Orders received prior to 2:00pm CST will usually ship on the same day. After 2:00pm your order will ship the following business day. Any backorder Items that ship at a later time will not be charged additional shipping.
UPS Ground Rates:
- ($00.00 to $20.00 total order) - $6.95
- ($20.01 to $40.00 total order) - $7.95
- ($40.01 to $75.00 total order) - $8.95
- ($75.01 to $199.99 total order) - $9.95
- $200.00 & over - FREE SHIPPING
UPS Air Service is available: 2nd Day Air add *$12.95 to shipping price
Next Day Air add *$39.95 to shipping price
* Next Day and 2nd Day Air Orders over 5 pounds are subject to additional charges
* Alaska, Hawaii and APO/FPO Shipments subject to additional charges
* All Duties and Taxes incurred are the sole responsibility of the Customer.
Sorry, but we are no longer accepting international orders. Any international orders placed will be immediately canceled without notification.
After your order is placed, we will email you an order confirmation. Once we ship them, we will send you an email with the tracking number on it if your order was shipped through UPS. You can go to the UPS web site to track product movement.
Here are 8 steps to help you.
- Examination of the wrapper leaf can be useful. It should posses a mild sheen and not be heavily veined. Wrapper colors range from candela (a light green), natural (light brown), Colorado or rosado (reddish-brown), to maduro (dark brown). The wrapper provides an indication of the strength of the cigar with candela being the mildest and maduro being the strongest.
- A properly rolled cigar should have no soft spots or be rolled too loose (undefiled) which results in an uneven and hot burn, causing a harsh taste. The cigar should be firm and resilient. A cigar that is rolled too tight will be hard to draw or totally plugged. Cigars are measured lengthwise in inches and thickness is measured by ring size. 1 ring equals 1/64 of an inch. The larger ring sizes produce a slower, cooler burn, which results in a smoother taste. Also, the larger ring sizes have more filler tobacco, which results in more flavors.
- To properly cut your cigar, use a sharp guillotine style cutter and cut the cap off the cigar. The cut should be made just above the shoulder. This is the area where the top of the cigar curves. Do not cut the entire cap off the cigar. This will cause the wrapper to unravel. Some people prefer to use a plucker to create a hole in the cap.
- Light your cigar using a butane lighter or cedar match. Puff and rotate while lighting your cigar and gently blow on the lit end of the cigar to ensure the cigar is completely lit. It is very important that the foot of the cigar is completely lit to ensure an even burn. It is normal for a hand-made cigar to go out if you are not smoking it. If this happens, simply knock off the ash and re-light your cigar.
- It is Important that you store your cigars properly. They should be kept between 65 and 70 degrees and out of direct sunlight. The Humidity level should be approximately 70%. Cigars should not be stored in the refrigerator, as this will quickly dry them out. A humidor is a wise investment to properly store and protect your cigars. If cigars are stored properly, they will improve with age much like a fine wine.
- Finally, be sure to try different brands of cigars and cigars from different countries. Currently there are excellent cigars being produced in the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua, Honduras, Mexico, Brazil, Canary Islands, Costa Rica, Philippines and the United States